Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jae's Life As Of Now

So I am finally now a blogger! ah ha! A little update in my life... After not walking for 7 months cause of my accident, I am now walking, and my limp is a lot smaller than it used to be. I am healing just great. My last dr. appointment informed me that my leg is not broken anymore, it is finally all healed up! Well, I decided it was time to branch out and become myself again. I moved to Draper, and in with April and George. A day after I moved in, my boyfriend broke up with me, and a huge reason to moving down here was to be with him. I had a really hard time with it, and I cried for a while, but I am doing great now. Well, as great as I can be without him. Life goes on, and we are still really good friends, so life is good.

I love living with April, because she has this ability to put anyone in a good mood and smile. She has a wonderful talent with that, and I am incredibly happy to call her my friend. Things have been a lot easier with her here able to talk to, and her giving her input. She doesn't judge situations much. She realizes that you are the one in the relationship, and you know what is best for what is going on. Having that kind of support is very helpful right now. I feel like I need to be his friend right now. more than anything, and some people don't realize I need to do that, rather than move on. It is the only thing that feels right right now. April gets that. Some other friends do as well, but for whatever reason, April is the most supportive. And maybe it is because she is around me and sees what it is like with him, and without him for me.

I went to see my therapist yesterday for my car accident. It was enjoyable. nothing too exciting, but I am supposed to write down all my dreams that involve cars. I meet with him again in two weeks. he is a really nice guy, and it was really good to talk to someone about it. It was a little awkward, not going to lie, but it was good for me. I felt a little bit better. Then I also talked to him about Taylor, and that seemed to help a lot as well. Who knew... Jess seeing a therapist? Dude... I'm the one who gives out advice to all my friends, how come all of a sudden I have to have a stranger interpet my life. It isn't bad tho. Not at all.

So as I sit here in my new home, and what once was my old one, I realize how crazy life is... but how blessed I am to be where I am. Yesterday, I went to salt lake, and it was 61 degrees, and raining! it was like the perfect day. And then here in Draper it was 61 but it was sunny. I love being out on my own. I love the friends that I have that have helped me thru what I have been going thru as of late. Life gives you stuff that will knock you down, and things that will take you up as you are flying. The secret to this is, you have to enjoy those flying trips so incredibly much, and when you start descending, realize that it is descending, but don't be sad about it. Every plane has to land so that it can go back up. I try my best to be positive and my best to be a good friend. If there is anything I have learned in this last year, it has been that Positivity is honestly key. You aren't going to go anywhere if you are always depressed. easier said than done? sure, I guess I can go along with that... but it isn't as hard as one would think either. Maybe at first, but then you get used to it. and feeling better, isn't that always a better thing than feeling sad, angry or depressed? I personally don't like those feelings, so I don't let myself get caught up in them.

Either way, Life is good for me right now. I have an interview tomorrow, hopefully something will come from that, and things will be hard with my leg, but you know what, I am going to push it, and I am going to be okay because I believe that. :D

Now I must go get ready and go meet April for lunch before getting my phone fixed! :) Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You ARE my therapist! You have no idea how nice it is for me to have you live here too! You are my strength, you! And maybe that is why G was so eghblagh last night, because maybe we feels like we're a team against him or something? Who knows. Maybe he'll actually open up and share his feelings.
    I'm so glad that you are able to communicate your feelings. Some people can't, and it's so healthy to be able too! Welcome to the blog world, yippee! :)

    ReplyDelete